Last week, Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke and Fast Company hosted a special live chat to answer your questions about this Administration's role in promoting innovation-based, high-growth entrepreneurship.
You can check out the full video of the chat or use the links below to jump directly to the questions you're interested in.
Questions are paraphrased.
- What plans are in place to increase the privacy protection for consumers in the electronic marketplace?
- What steps are being put into place to encourage corporations to keep research jobs here in the US?
- What mechanisms are in place to keep universities from competing head to head with small businesses in terms of research?
- Do you contemplate any special investments made directly to Minority communities?
- What role do you envision broadband playing in increasing entrepreneurship?
- Where does the Government stand in promoting small businesses in burgeoning technology industries?
- Are you working on any new initiatives resulting from the recent trip to India?
- What steps are you taking to help small businesses?
- How will councils help companies bringing new technologies to markets survive the endless Federal approval process?
- Follow-up: How is access to capital for small businesses being expanded?
- What sort of pressure is the Department of Commerce putting on banks to give loans to businesses?
- What projects are you undertaking to address the patent process?
- What is the time frame for reforming the patent process?
- How can the incentive to move manufacturing offshore be reduced?
- What are some of the ways that you are increasing access to capital for small businesses other than the Recovery Act?
- Why do you think that small business owners are not aware of some of the tax cuts available to their companies?